Umeed Blood Bank
Active in Delhi NCR only
Umeed Blood Bank a non-profit, non-commercial interface was born out of our social commitment and our desire to use the power of the Internet to help common people.
Tips on Blood Donation
- Have a good meal at least 3 hours before donating blood.
- Accept the snacks offered to you after the donation, it is vital that you have them. You are recommended to have a good meal later.
- Avoid smoking on the day before donating. You can smoke 3 hours after donation.
- You will not be eligible to donate blood if you have consumed alcohol 48 hours before donation.
Misconceptions about donating blood
- "I will feel drained and tired after donating" - You will not feel drained or tired if you continue to drink fluids and have a good meal.
- "I cannot resume normal activities" - You can resume all your normal activities, though you're asked to refrain.
- "I will have low blood" - If you are okayed to donate by the doctor you will still have surplus blood after the donation.